God has given all of us talent which we have been instructed to use to the best of our abilities. Music is one of the greatest gifts from God to His people and Martin Luther High School provides the opportunity for students to use this gift to praise and honor Him. Music is truly a universal language, which provides the opportunity to better understand other cultures both past and present. The study of music provides the opportunity to enhance the creativity of the individual, to develop aesthetic sensitivity and self-expression.
The students will:
1. Have the opportunity to use their musical talent to praise and worship God.
2. Learn to appreciate both sacred and secular music that edifies the spirit.
3. Strive for worthy relations and interrelations within the group.
4. Learn to understand the structural elements of music.
The goals in Performing Arts-Music will be achieved through:
1. The sharing and strengthening of their faith with each other in an open environment.
2. The rehearsing and performing of quality literature.
3. Sharing their talents in worship service, tours, concerts and community events.
4. Using quality literature and methodology in order to strengthen ear training, learn music terminology, learn improvisation and develop rhythmic reading skills.