- An integral part of the MLHS Ministry beyond the annual operating budget.
- A place for those who believe in Lutheran education to give large planned gifts and bequests.
- A legacy opportunity which supports the Lord’s ministry at MLHS beyond your lifetime.
- A public opportunity to leave a final expression of your faith.
All undesignated gifts and bequests shall go into the Unrestricted Fund. Fund uses include mission and ministry projects and programs approved by the Endowment Committee.
Donors may give to a “Named Fund” which is part of a restricted fund category that carries the name designated by the donor. The Named Fund category requires a minimum contribution of $25,000.
Restricted fund categories within the Endowment Fund are:
2. Student Tuition Aid
3. Building Maintenance & Improvement
7. Fine Arts
8. Faculty Enrichment
9. Marketing Martin Luther High School
Download more information about the Martin Luther High School Endowment Fund here.
Planned giving benefits are numerous when creating your gift plan. Above all is the opportunity to practice true generosity and Christian stewardship. This is done in joyful response to what the Lord has done for you. Also, it allows you to make the very best gifts to family and ministry. You can rest assured knowing that your wishes will be honored and that your earthly assets will be passed on in a way that makes sense and is helpful to those people and organizations you hold most dear. And third is that Christian gift planning associates can show you how to make best use of tax laws and wealth transfer principles that maximize what you share with others and minimize what is eaten up in taxes and probate fees.
Marge Thiesse is a Gift Planning Associate/Christian Development Executive with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod Foundation. She would be honored to help you discover a gift plan that benefits the all the ministries you love and your loved ones, while utilizing the best opportunities available.